The Latest Rule of PPP Certification had been updated to
Regulation of the Primary Programming Proficiency (PPP) Certification Department of Computer Science & Information Engineering
National Dong Hwa Universality
Approved by the Departmental Curriculum Designing and Planning Committee on 2012.09.06
Approved by the Departmental Executive Committee on 2012.10.03
Apply to undergraduate students (including International Bachelor classes) admitted on/after 2012 School year
Apply to graduate students (including International Graduate classes) admitted on/after 2013 School year
1. In order to ensure the students’ abilities on programming proficiency, and capacities of software development and implementation, this regulation has been established as a graduation requirement for all CSIE graduate and undergraduate students.
2. Before graduation, each student is required to receive a PPP certificate by passing an on-site PPP test held each semester. The scope of the PPP test covers the comprehensive programming skills trained in the core courses including Introduction to Computer Programming (I) + (II), and Data Structures.
3. There is no upper limit on the number of PPP tests a student can attend.
4. Students who want to participate in a PPP test must register in advance within two weeks of the beginning of each semester. The test will be scheduled in one month after the registration. The registration procedures will be posted on the departmental website.
5. The PPP test will last three hours. Each participant should solve at least three problems to pass the test.
6. Students may take any of the following contests/exams as an alternative of the PPP test. Students must submit their official certificate of the contests/exams to be considered as an alternative to the PPP certification.
i. Receiving programming-related certificates approved by the PPP Certification Committee.
ii. Participating in National Collegiate Programming Contest (NCPC) organized by the Minister Of Education (教育部舉辦全國大專電腦軟體設計競賽), ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ACM國際大學程式競賽), or other programming contests approved by the PPP Certification Committee, and receiving an award of “Excellent Work” or better.
iii. Participating the Collegiate Programming Examination (CPE大學程式能力檢定), and receiving a test score within the top 50% in that examination.
7. This Regulation has been established by the Departmental Curriculum Designing and Planning Committee, approved by the Departmental Executive Meeting, announced and executed afterwards. Any amendment should follow the same process accordingly.